Monday, February 18, 2008

Asian New Year Festival..

It's that time again.. This year, the theme was " New Beginnings.. the Year of the Rat"

This year, I was keen to do the dance cause I have no idea why.. I choreographed two dances and joined another dance.. shorter version, I'm in 3 dances.. yeapp!! I probably thought I won't have much work to do which I was totally wrong! Everyday dance practice was NOT what I anticipated.. but again, it was a good daily work out for me.. :D

Malaysian Dance

I used Hati Kama which was cut and cropped into 2:45 length.. i mixed both dance and silat movements.. It was.. acceptable.. I wouldn't say pretty though.. It would if i was longer but nonetheless, it was a fun group to work with.. I had fun teaching them and dancing with them.. I love the fact that this year, a chinese girl joined us.. And she was awesome! Vanessa really loved the dance and she was a sport.. Before our dance, we also had dikir barat.. they did great.. Of course, it was pain in the back to get them do it *till they actually made me unleash my garang-ness.. * but it was worth it.. I wouldn't take any credit for their good work though.. they deserved it.. again.. it was an awesome group to work with..


Soran Bushi

This was also a great dance out of bad and crappy practices.. *hehhee* really!! no joke! we had people not coming to practices, people who were to particular about the steps.. like, who would ask you what degree should we raise our hand or how high should we jump... i mean, yes we want to make it perfect but not too perfect.. *headaches* But like i said, it was worth the fight and arguments.. it was one of the best performances, and the best thing of all, a lot loved the song! *hehe* even the tech person said the song was his favorite.. lol!

Tinikling

so this is one dance i've wanted to join since i first watched it.. i think it's cool.. ;) it was!! no kidding! fyi, tinikling is just like tarian buluh.. it's actually is tarian buluh.. just tinikling was said to originate from the Philippines.. we had the modern tinikling though.. and its very catchy and fast.. the people were great and fun to work with..

As a summary.. it was the best ANYF ever!! *ngahhaa* sgt gedik bunyi.. *Adeyh~* You can watch the dances here.. it's at my multiply.. i also uploaded some pics in my flickr *only 5 actually.. hahahhaa!* I'll upload more later.. the clips are especially done for Lized and Yati who requested earlier and to show Yati why I was sooooooo busy this past few months.. sorry Yati!!! :p

3 Comments:

Blogger Masita M. said...

soran bushi - totally my favorite

Thursday, February 21, 2008 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger *~AnieSoniC~* said...

you know, i bet you're the only one who knew how to use my comment..

anyways.. really kau suke soran?? hahaha

Thursday, February 21, 2008 1:59:00 PM  
Blogger Masita M. said...

LOL

yes, really suka.. especially part yang tarik2 (tarik jala? haha)tu.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home